- This event has passed.
Advanced Training in Mindfulness Meditation: a Holistic Clinical Approach
April 26 @ 9:00 am - April 27 @ 5:00 pm$400 – $525
Stéphane Bensoussan, B.Sc., M.A.
meet the presenter CLICK HERE
OPQ Accredited RA02911-19 (16 CE hrs)
April 26, 2019 from 9:00AM to 5:00PM
April 27, 2019 from 9:00AM to 5:00PM
The Argyle Institute
4150 Sainte Catherine Street West suite 328
The Advanced Training in Mindfulness Meditation: a Holistic Clinical Approach is a unique teacher-training program that is designed for those who are serious about integrating mindfulness into their life, developing their personal meditation practice and who would like to incorporate mindfulness into their clinical practice or in their meditation classes. The program is designed to teach practitioners how to meditate themselves and incorporate this in their own life before teaching their clients. Attestation will be given to participants who attend the 16-hour in-class program.
- Participants will master their knowledge of the fundamental principles of mindfulness.
- Participants will understand how mindfulness changes the brain and our perception and how this practice helps to relieve several psychological and physical conditions.
- Participants will develop their understanding of how mental detachment is essential to promote healing, to let go of the daily drama, expectations, and mental labyrinths that we create.
- Through several hands-on discussions, participants will develop the ability to teach mindfulness meditation exercises to a client or group
Day 1: Clinical Application of Mindfulness Meditation
- Definition of Mindfulness Meditation
- Psychiatric Disorders (Biegel, Brown, Shapiro, & Schubert, C. (2009).)
- Physical problems
- Behavioural problems (Bogels, Hoogstad, van Dun, De Shutter, & Restifo, (2008).)
- Non-Clinical Samples
Day 2: Presentation of holistic therapeutic resources
(Chugh-Gupta, Baldassarre & Vrkljan, (2013); Church, Yount & Brooks, (2012); Doria, de Vuono, Sanlorenzo, Irtelli & Mencacci, (2015); Martinez, (2014)).
- Mindful Breathing Techniques (Fried, 2000)
- Mindfulness meditation: how to manage your emotions consciously (Desmond, (2016); Desrosiers, Vine, Curtiss & Klemanski, 2014; Shapiro,Carlson, Astin & Freedman, (2006)
- Mindfulness via Body centered therapy: mindful movement (Chugh-Gupta, Baldassarre & Vrkljan, (2013); Doria, de Vuono, Sanlorenzo, Irtelli, & Mencacci, (2015); Smith, Hancock, Blake-Mortimer & Eckert, (2007))