- This event has passed.
Emotionally Focused Therapy for lndividuals: Creating Security Within Self and Relationships
March 22 - March 23$400 – $525
EARLY BIRD RATE UNTIL FEBRUARY 25
Veronica Kallos-Lilly, PhD
meet the presenter click here
OPQ Accredited RE02833-19 (12 CE hours)
March 22, 2019 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
March 23, 2019 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
Maison du development durable de Montreal
50 Rue Sainte-Catherine O,
Description: Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT) is a short-term approach that applies attachment theory to help individuals improve their emotional well-being and relationships. In EFIT clients discover the ineffective cycles of emotional regulation and attachment strategies that fuel their distress. The goal is for individuals to break these unhelpful cycles and tune into core emotions and needs so that they can feel more secure internally and express themselves authentically in the world.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Experience engaging didactic instruction
- Look at individual presenting issues through an attachment lens
- Watch illustrative videos of clinical cases, taking a client through the EFIT process
- See a live EFIT session (pending a referral of a suitable individual client by one of the participants)
- Engage in experiential exercises and practice EFT interventions
The target audience includes licensed mental health practitioners who provide psychotherapeutic services to individuals, including but not limited to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, marriage and family therapists and licensed professional counsellors. This workshop is for therapists who have discovered the power of EFT with couples and are looking for guidance on how to apply this deeply transformative approach to working with individuals. Registrants will have had some exposure to EFT for couples, ideally an EFT Externship.
Learning Objectives are to:
- Use attachment theory to formulate individual client issues
- Track internal patterns of emotional regulation and attachment strategies in relationship
- Deepen experiential work with emotions to use as a powerful agent of therapeutic change.
- Discover how to shift negative views of self and other by using the therapeutic alliance as a relationship of attachment security