Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD
[:en]Integrative Treatment for Adult ADHD
March 18th 2017
8:30am to 5:00pm
Trainer: Ari Tuckman, PsyD, MBA
OPQ RA01931-16 (7 CEH)
OTSTCFQ pending (7 CEH)
Due to the high prevalence of comorbid conditions, adults with ADHD are disproportionately represented in clinical populations—individual, couples, and family therapy and medication management. Unfortunately, many of these adults’ ADHD remains undiagnosed and therefore untreated and insufficiently managed, undermining progress on the comorbid conditions that are the focus of treatment.
This session will help clinicians work more effectively with their clients with ADHD to treat both the ADHD and the comorbid conditions.
Ari Tuckman, Psy, MBA
Licensed clinical psychologist (Pennsylvania License # PS015788)
He has given more than 300 presentations and routinely earns excellent reviews for his ability to make complicated information understandable and useful. Author of “More attention, less deficit: Success strategies for adults with ADHD” “Understand your brain, get more done: The ADHD executive functions workbook” and “Integrative treatment for adult ADHD: A practical, easy-to-use guide for clinicians” and numerous book chapters. Read more…
- Attendees will be able to explain the specific executive functioning weakness associated with ADHD and associated compensatory strategies.
- Attendees will be able to describe an integrative treament model for ADHD that involves education, medication, coaching and therapy.
- Attendees will be able to help clients and their families integrate a diagnosis of ADHD into their self-concept in a positive and productive way.
- Attendees will be able to address the maladaptive coping mechanisms that are common to adults with ADHD.
- Attendees will be able to help clients improve their relationship functioning and satisfaction by creating better balance in the relationship.
|8:30 am - 5:00 pm|
|Argyle Clinical Members and Therapist in ADHD Training||$275.00|
|Non Argyle Affiliation||$325.00|